Using BE with CD writer - Veritas

This is a discussion on Using BE with CD writer - Veritas ; I have beeen using BE (V4.2.1) with a HP Clorado T3000 tape drive quite successfully, but now want to use my CD writer. How do I get the drive to be recognised and appear in the drive window? Without this, ...

  1. Using BE with CD writer

    I have beeen using BE (V4.2.1) with a HP Clorado T3000 tape drive quite
    successfully, but now want to use my CD writer.

    How do I get the drive to be recognised and appear in the drive window?

    Without this, it appears that I must save the backup as a file and don't
    have the facility to span jobs across media.

    Jonathan Finney.

  2. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    Jonathan,
    It sounds like you got that software with your tape drive, which means that
    it will only work with your tape drive (or anouther of the same brand). You
    would need to get a copy of the retail version. Make sure that your CD drive
    is on the support list first.

    Chris

    "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > I have beeen using BE (V4.2.1) with a HP Clorado T3000 tape drive quite
    > successfully, but now want to use my CD writer.
    >
    > How do I get the drive to be recognised and appear in the drive window?
    >
    > Without this, it appears that I must save the backup as a file and don't
    > have the facility to span jobs across media.
    >
    > Jonathan Finney.

  3. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    Thanks Chris.

    I bought the software separately and downloaded the upgrade to V 4.2.1 from
    the Veritas website.

    Where do I find the supported drives list?

    Best Regards

    Jonathan Finney.

    E-mail: jon@isotrack.demon.co.uk

    Chris wrote in message news:3c34e10d@hronntp01....
    > Jonathan,
    > It sounds like you got that software with your tape drive, which means

    that
    > it will only work with your tape drive (or anouther of the same brand).

    You
    > would need to get a copy of the retail version. Make sure that your CD

    drive
    > is on the support list first.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > I have beeen using BE (V4.2.1) with a HP Clorado T3000 tape drive quite
    > > successfully, but now want to use my CD writer.
    > >
    > > How do I get the drive to be recognised and appear in the drive window?
    > >
    > > Without this, it appears that I must save the backup as a file and don't
    > > have the facility to span jobs across media.
    > >
    > > Jonathan Finney.

  4. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    Here you go...

    http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump

    > Thanks Chris.
    >
    > I bought the software separately and downloaded the upgrade to V 4.2.1

    from
    > the Veritas website.
    >
    > Where do I find the supported drives list?
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Jonathan Finney.
    >
    > E-mail: jon@isotrack.demon.co.uk
    >

    > Chris wrote in message news:3c34e10d@hronntp01....
    > > Jonathan,
    > > It sounds like you got that software with your tape drive, which means

    > that
    > > it will only work with your tape drive (or anouther of the same brand).

    > You
    > > would need to get a copy of the retail version. Make sure that your CD

    > drive
    > > is on the support list first.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >

    > > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > > I have beeen using BE (V4.2.1) with a HP Clorado T3000 tape drive

    quite
    > > > successfully, but now want to use my CD writer.
    > > >
    > > > How do I get the drive to be recognised and appear in the drive

    window?

    > > > Without this, it appears that I must save the backup as a file and

    don't
    > > > have the facility to span jobs across media.
    > > >
    > > > Jonathan Finney.

  5. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    Hi Chris.

    There are only two Memeorex CDRW drives on the list and they are SCSI.

    As mine's an IDE, I guess it's not supported.

    I will have to back up to HD then copy to CD. Can BE split files to 650MB
    chunks to copy to CD. I can't find a way to span large files across CDs
    using Easy CD Creator 5.

    Any useful suggestions?

    Jonathan.

    Chris wrote in message news:3c39e4ab$1@hronntp01....
    > Here you go...
    >
    > http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > Thanks Chris.
    > >
    > > I bought the software separately and downloaded the upgrade to V 4.2.1

    > from
    > > the Veritas website.
    > >
    > > Where do I find the supported drives list?
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > >
    > > Jonathan Finney.
    > >
    > > E-mail: jon@isotrack.demon.co.uk
    > >

    > > Chris wrote in message news:3c34e10d@hronntp01....
    > > > Jonathan,
    > > > It sounds like you got that software with your tape drive, which means

    > > that
    > > > it will only work with your tape drive (or anouther of the same

    brand).
    > > You
    > > > would need to get a copy of the retail version. Make sure that your CD

    > > drive
    > > > is on the support list first.
    > > >
    > > > Chris
    > > >

    > > > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message

    > quite

    > window?

    > don't

  6. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    even if your drive isn't on the list you can give it a try with any version
    after 4.5, it will allow you to select it and you can give it a try. Memorex
    stoped selling CDRW a while back, so you will have a hard time finding the
    latest firmware but you should try to do so.

    Start looking on this website:
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firm...areUpdates.asp

    You should try out the trial software that is up on Stomp's website before
    you actually go out and buy it though.

    > Hi Chris.
    >
    > There are only two Memeorex CDRW drives on the list and they are SCSI.
    >
    > As mine's an IDE, I guess it's not supported.
    >
    > I will have to back up to HD then copy to CD. Can BE split files to 650MB
    > chunks to copy to CD. I can't find a way to span large files across CDs
    > using Easy CD Creator 5.
    >
    > Any useful suggestions?
    >
    > Jonathan.
    >
    > Chris wrote in message news:3c39e4ab$1@hronntp01....
    > > Here you go...
    > >
    > > http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >

    > > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > > Thanks Chris.
    > > >
    > > > I bought the software separately and downloaded the upgrade to V 4.2.1

    > > from
    > > > the Veritas website.
    > > >
    > > > Where do I find the supported drives list?
    > > >
    > > > Best Regards
    > > >
    > > > Jonathan Finney.
    > > >
    > > > E-mail: jon@isotrack.demon.co.uk

    means
    > > > that

    > brand).
    > > > You

    CD
    > > > drive

    > > quite

    > > window?

    > > don't

  7. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    Yeah, but mine's V 4.2.1.

    Can I download a newer version for free?

    Can't find my Memorex burner on the Stomp site either.

    ....and so the quest for a workable backup solution goes on
    ....and on

    Thank for your help anyway.

    Chris wrote in message news:3c3b9941$1@hronntp01....
    > even if your drive isn't on the list you can give it a try with any

    version
    > after 4.5, it will allow you to select it and you can give it a try.

    Memorex
    > stoped selling CDRW a while back, so you will have a hard time finding the
    > latest firmware but you should try to do so.
    >
    > Start looking on this website:
    > http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firm...areUpdates.asp
    >
    > You should try out the trial software that is up on Stomp's website before
    > you actually go out and buy it though.
    >

    > Chris
    >

    > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > Hi Chris.
    > >
    > > There are only two Memeorex CDRW drives on the list and they are SCSI.
    > >
    > > As mine's an IDE, I guess it's not supported.
    > >
    > > I will have to back up to HD then copy to CD. Can BE split files to

    650MB
    > > chunks to copy to CD. I can't find a way to span large files across CDs
    > > using Easy CD Creator 5.
    > >
    > > Any useful suggestions?
    > >
    > > Jonathan.
    > >
    > > Chris wrote in message news:3c39e4ab$1@hronntp01....
    > > > Here you go...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    > > >
    > > > Chris
    > > >

    > > > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message

    4.2.1
    > > > from

    > means

    > > brand).

    your
    > CD

    drive
    > > > quite

    > > > window?

    and
    > > > don't

  8. Re: Using BE with CD writer

    try this link, it's for North America, but give it a try:
    http://www.stompinc.com/files/backupmypc_30day.exe

    aparently orlogix doesn't have one...

    > Yeah, but mine's V 4.2.1.
    >
    > Can I download a newer version for free?
    >
    > Can't find my Memorex burner on the Stomp site either.
    >
    > ...and so the quest for a workable backup solution goes on
    > ...and on
    >
    > Thank for your help anyway.
    >

    > Chris wrote in message news:3c3b9941$1@hronntp01....
    > > even if your drive isn't on the list you can give it a try with any

    > version
    > > after 4.5, it will allow you to select it and you can give it a try.

    > Memorex
    > > stoped selling CDRW a while back, so you will have a hard time finding

    the
    > > latest firmware but you should try to do so.
    > >
    > > Start looking on this website:
    > > http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firm...areUpdates.asp
    > >
    > > You should try out the trial software that is up on Stomp's website

    before
    > > you actually go out and buy it though.
    > >

    > > Chris
    > >

    > > "Jonathan Finney" wrote in message
    > > > Hi Chris.
    > > >
    > > > There are only two Memeorex CDRW drives on the list and they are SCSI.
    > > >
    > > > As mine's an IDE, I guess it's not supported.
    > > >
    > > > I will have to back up to HD then copy to CD. Can BE split files to

    > 650MB
    > > > chunks to copy to CD. I can't find a way to span large files across

    CDs
    > > > using Easy CD Creator 5.
    > > >
    > > > Any useful suggestions?
    > > >
    > > > Jonathan.