Backup Exec 4.2.1 Disaster Recovery - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.2.1 Disaster Recovery - Veritas ; My hard drive crashed, but before it did, I did a complete backup with a Tape. Unfortunatelly, I was never able to make any disaster recovery floppy disks from inside Backup Exec. Question is, is there any place to download ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.2.1 Disaster Recovery

    My hard drive crashed, but before it did, I did a complete backup with a
    Tape. Unfortunatelly, I was never able to make any disaster recovery floppy
    disks from inside Backup Exec. Question is, is there any place to download
    them for a Seagate TapeStor Travan 8 (Model #STT28000A-RFT)? I have
    searched high and low on seagate.com and on veritas.com, but to no avail.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.2.1 Disaster Recovery

    Try this:
    Reinstall the OS on your system that went boom.
    Install the backup exec. (hopefully you have a copy around)
    Then make the diskettes.
    Then start the DR process.

    Chris