Direct CD, 2nd Disk & Reformatting - Veritas

This is a discussion on Direct CD, 2nd Disk & Reformatting - Veritas ; I have 3problems, 1 - Backup wont run if I have run direct cd (but only sometimes) and I can only fix it by inserting a Backup exec formatted disk and rebooting. 2 - How do you reformat a CD ...

  1. Direct CD, 2nd Disk & Reformatting

    I have 3problems, 1 - Backup wont run if I have run direct cd (but only sometimes)
    and I can only fix it by inserting a Backup exec formatted disk and rebooting.
    2 - How do you reformat a CD to be ready for Backup exec? and 3 - I can't
    get a backup to run over 2 cd's, it asks for the second cd, formats it and
    then says, this disk is already part of a backup set and therefore cant be
    used.
    Can anyone out there in backup land help.

  2. Re: Direct CD, 2nd Disk & Reformatting

    Answer #1-
    CTRL+ALT+DEL, and kill DCD. That will stop the need for rebooting. And then
    you can just start DCD again after your done backing up.

    Answer #2-
    Tools menu, Media, , format

    Answer #3-
    are those CDRW or CDR? What drive are you using with what firmware? Havn't
    seen that before, maybe turning off DCD will help with that too.

    Chris

    "Fred Bloggs" wrote in message

    > I have 3problems, 1 - Backup wont run if I have run direct cd (but only

    sometimes)
    > and I can only fix it by inserting a Backup exec formatted disk and

    rebooting.
    > 2 - How do you reformat a CD to be ready for Backup exec? and 3 - I can't
    > get a backup to run over 2 cd's, it asks for the second cd, formats it and
    > then says, this disk is already part of a backup set and therefore cant be
    > used.
    > Can anyone out there in backup land help.

  3. Re: Direct CD, 2nd Disk & Reformatting

    Chris,

    Re 1 - I tried anding the "DIRECTCD.EXE" process but the message still comes
    up "Application still being used by Adaptec Direct CD Kernal" and I cant
    see which process that might be.

    Re 2 - Thanks

    Re 3 - I am using CD-RWs

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Answer #1-
    >CTRL+ALT+DEL, and kill DCD. That will stop the need for rebooting. And then
    >you can just start DCD again after your done backing up.
    >
    >Answer #2-
    >Tools menu, Media, , format
    >
    >Answer #3-
    >are those CDRW or CDR? What drive are you using with what firmware? Havn't
    >seen that before, maybe turning off DCD will help with that too.
    >

    >Chris
    >

    >"Fred Bloggs" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have 3problems, 1 - Backup wont run if I have run direct cd (but only

    >sometimes)
    >> and I can only fix it by inserting a Backup exec formatted disk and

    >rebooting.
    >> 2 - How do you reformat a CD to be ready for Backup exec? and 3 - I can't
    >> get a backup to run over 2 cd's, it asks for the second cd, formats it

    and
    >> then says, this disk is already part of a backup set and therefore cant

    be
    >> used.
    >> Can anyone out there in backup land help.

+ Reply to Thread