An error occurred while writing the final volume data - Veritas

This is a discussion on An error occurred while writing the final volume data - Veritas ; Has anyone gotten this error message? Any idea how to fix so I can back up. It happens after the backup is almost complete. Thanks!...

  1. An error occurred while writing the final volume data

    Has anyone gotten this error message? Any idea how to fix so I can back up.
    It happens after the backup is almost complete.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: An error occurred while writing the final volume data

    "EKS" wrote in message

    > Has anyone gotten this error message? Any idea how to fix so I can back
    > up.
    > It happens after the backup is almost complete.

    It happens here every single time - whether I back up to CD or tape.
    I have tried deinstalling BED, zapping the Veritas directory completely and
    then reinstalling, but to no avail.

    The full message I get is:

    An error occurred while writing the final volume data (FSD).
    File set directory corrupt (4618 120A).

    This is under Windows 2000 SP2, by the way.

    Regards,
    --
    *Art

+ Reply to Thread