I noticed something strange today. I decided to do a clean install of
Windows 98 SE on my system. Normally, I will install one or two
products and then make a backup using Veritas Backup Exec 4.5. This
way, I can easily recover if I install something that screws up my
system.

Well after installing the Microsoft Intellipoint 3.2 drivers, I was
unable to backup my computer. The backup would crash with a Windows
Exception and the catalog would get screwed up. I restored my previous
backup (prior to installing Intellipoint) and the problem went away. I
tried an older version of the Intellipoint drivers, 2.2, but they were
also incompatible.

Has anyone else seen this? Maybe this may explain some other problems
reported on this newsgroup. If anyone is aware of a solution, I'd
greatly appreciate it.