Disaster recovery from DVD-ROM - Veritas

This is a discussion on Disaster recovery from DVD-ROM - Veritas ; I'm using Backup Exec Desktop 4.61. If I create a disaster recovery set using my external USB CD-Writer, can I restore my system using the DVD/CD-ROM in my tower? I've been able to use the DVD/CD-ROM to restore individual files ...

  1. Disaster recovery from DVD-ROM

    I'm using Backup Exec Desktop 4.61. If I create a disaster recovery set
    using my external USB CD-Writer, can I restore my system using the
    DVD/CD-ROM in my tower?

    I've been able to use the DVD/CD-ROM to restore individual files from backup
    sets. The documentation states that USB devices cannot be used for disaster
    recovery, but it seems to me that I could use the DVD/CD-ROM, especially if
    I make my CD recovery set bootable. Is this true?
    --
    Michael Ray Brown

    (Remove NoSpam for correct address.)

  2. Re: Disaster recovery from DVD-ROM

    Yes, this should work. Select the DVD drive as the device when creating the
    disaster disks. Just cancel the wizzard when it gets to the backup part.
    Worst case, it won't work, then you just isntall windows, install backup
    exec, then restore.

    "Michael Ray Brown" wrote:
    >I'm using Backup Exec Desktop 4.61. If I create a disaster recovery set
    >using my external USB CD-Writer, can I restore my system using the
    >DVD/CD-ROM in my tower?
    >
    >I've been able to use the DVD/CD-ROM to restore individual files from backup
    >sets. The documentation states that USB devices cannot be used for disaster
    >recovery, but it seems to me that I could use the DVD/CD-ROM, especially

    if
    >I make my CD recovery set bootable. Is this true?
    >--
    >Michael Ray Brown
    >
    >(Remove NoSpam for correct address.)

  3. Re: Disaster recovery from DVD-ROM

    If I select the internal DVD drive as the device, can I still perform the
    backup using the external CD-Writer?
    --

    "James" wrote in message

    > Yes, this should work. Select the DVD drive as the device when creating

    the
    > disaster disks. Just cancel the wizzard when it gets to the backup part.
    > Worst case, it won't work, then you just isntall windows, install backup
    > exec, then restore.

+ Reply to Thread