LiteOn LT-16101B - Veritas

This is a discussion on LiteOn LT-16101B - Veritas ; Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-( I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not able to backup ...

  1. LiteOn LT-16101B

    Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    able to backup my data to the new device.
    Any solutions on that!

    Jan

  2. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    You might have to buy 4.5 (get teh upgrade if you can) and then download the
    free update to 4.61.
    When getting the 4.5 version, just get the cheaper Desktop version, the
    upgrade to 4.61 will give you DR support back. You will be able to use it
    with 4.61.

    BTW- the actual model number of your drive is LTR-16102B.

    Chris

    "Jan Nieuwenhuis" wrote in message
    > Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    > Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    > I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    > able to backup my data to the new device.
    > Any solutions on that!
    >
    > Jan

  3. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    Sorry my typing is going downhill,

    LTR-16101B is what i meant. Although you could have LTR-16102B too. :-)

    Chris

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3b83ecda$1@hronntp01....
    > You might have to buy 4.5 (get teh upgrade if you can) and then download

    the
    > free update to 4.61.
    > When getting the 4.5 version, just get the cheaper Desktop version, the
    > upgrade to 4.61 will give you DR support back. You will be able to use it
    > with 4.61.
    >
    > BTW- the actual model number of your drive is LTR-16102B.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Jan Nieuwenhuis" wrote in message
    > > Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    > > Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    > > I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    > > able to backup my data to the new device.
    > > Any solutions on that!
    > >
    > > Jan

  4. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    THANKS for the info ... will have a look at the Veritas website if it is
    possible to upgrade to version 4.5 followed by 4.61 ....

    Jan

    Chris wrote:

    > Sorry my typing is going downhill,
    >
    > LTR-16101B is what i meant. Although you could have LTR-16102B too. :-)
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Chris" wrote in message news:3b83ecda$1@hronntp01....
    > > You might have to buy 4.5 (get teh upgrade if you can) and then download

    > the
    > > free update to 4.61.
    > > When getting the 4.5 version, just get the cheaper Desktop version, the
    > > upgrade to 4.61 will give you DR support back. You will be able to use it
    > > with 4.61.
    > >
    > > BTW- the actual model number of your drive is LTR-16102B.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > "Jan Nieuwenhuis" wrote in message
    > > > Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    > > > Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    > > > I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    > > > able to backup my data to the new device.
    > > > Any solutions on that!
    > > >
    > > > Jan

  5. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    Unfortunately, 4.5 is no longer sold. If you want to get the upgrade, you
    will need to get Stomp Backup MyPC 4.6. Here is the link:

    http://www.veritas.com/buy/ConsumerSales.jhtml

    Jan Nieuwenhuis wrote:

    >THANKS for the info ... will have a look at the Veritas website if it is
    >possible to upgrade to version 4.5 followed by 4.61 ....
    >
    >Jan
    >
    >Chris wrote:
    >>
    >> Sorry my typing is going downhill,
    >>
    >> LTR-16101B is what i meant. Although you could have LTR-16102B too. :-)
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>
    >> "Chris" wrote in message news:3b83ecda$1@hronntp01....
    >> > You might have to buy 4.5 (get teh upgrade if you can) and then download

    >> the
    >> > free update to 4.61.
    >> > When getting the 4.5 version, just get the cheaper Desktop version,

    the
    >> > upgrade to 4.61 will give you DR support back. You will be able to use

    it
    >> > with 4.61.
    >> >
    >> > BTW- the actual model number of your drive is LTR-16102B.
    >> >
    >> > Chris
    >> >
    >> > "Jan Nieuwenhuis" wrote in message

    that

    not

    >begin:vcard
    >n:Nieuwenhuis;Jan
    >tel;fax:0222-319674
    >tel;work:0222-369335
    >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    >url:http://www.nioz.nl/en/facilities/dmg/meta/Welcome.html
    >org:Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ);FYS - Data Management

    Group
    >adr:;;P.O.Box 59;Den Burg;;NL-1790 AB;The Netherlands
    >version:2.1
    >email;internet:nieuw@nioz.nl
    >fn:Jan Nieuwenhuis
    >end:vcard

  6. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    Unfortunately it's not sold here in Europe :-(

    Jan

    James wrote:

    > Unfortunately, 4.5 is no longer sold. If you want to get the upgrade, you
    > will need to get Stomp Backup MyPC 4.6. Here is the link:
    >
    > http://www.veritas.com/buy/ConsumerSales.jhtml
    >
    > Jan Nieuwenhuis wrote:
    > >
    > >THANKS for the info ... will have a look at the Veritas website if it is
    > >possible to upgrade to version 4.5 followed by 4.61 ....
    > >
    > >Jan
    > >
    > >Chris wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Sorry my typing is going downhill,
    > >>
    > >> LTR-16101B is what i meant. Although you could have LTR-16102B too. :-)
    > >>
    > >> Chris

    > >> the

    > the

    > it

    > that

    > not

    > >begin:vcard
    > >n:Nieuwenhuis;Jan
    > >tel;fax:0222-319674
    > >tel;work:0222-369335
    > >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    > >url:http://www.nioz.nl/en/facilities/dmg/meta/Welcome.html
    > >org:Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ);FYS - Data Management

    > Group
    > >adr:;;P.O.Box 59;Den Burg;;NL-1790 AB;The Netherlands
    > >version:2.1
    > >email;internet:nieuw@nioz.nl
    > >fn:Jan Nieuwenhuis
    > >end:vcard

  7. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    yes it is, try www.softline.ie

    > Unfortunately it's not sold here in Europe :-(
    >
    > Jan
    >
    > James wrote:
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, 4.5 is no longer sold. If you want to get the upgrade,

    you
    > > will need to get Stomp Backup MyPC 4.6. Here is the link:
    > >
    > > http://www.veritas.com/buy/ConsumerSales.jhtml
    > >
    > > Jan Nieuwenhuis wrote:
    > > >
    > > >THANKS for the info ... will have a look at the Veritas website if it

    is
    > > >possible to upgrade to version 4.5 followed by 4.61 ....
    > > >
    > > >Jan

    :-)

    download

    > > the

    use
    > > it

    > > that

    am
    > > not

    > > >begin:vcard
    > > >n:Nieuwenhuis;Jan
    > > >tel;fax:0222-319674
    > > >tel;work:0222-369335
    > > >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    > > >url:http://www.nioz.nl/en/facilities/dmg/meta/Welcome.html
    > > >org:Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ);FYS - Data Management

    > > Group
    > > >adr:;;P.O.Box 59;Den Burg;;NL-1790 AB;The Netherlands
    > > >version:2.1
    > > >email;internet:nieuw@nioz.nl
    > > >fn:Jan Nieuwenhuis
    > > >end:vcard