BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro - Veritas

This is a discussion on BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro - Veritas ; Has anyone successfully installed BackUp Exec and made it work with a WangTek SCSI QIC tape drive under Windows 2000 Pro(W2K)? Although Microsoft's compatibility list indicates WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives will operate under W2K-pro, Microsoft kb/articles/q217/0/51.asp says W2K QIC ...

  1. BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro

    Has anyone successfully installed BackUp Exec and made it work with a WangTek
    SCSI QIC tape drive under Windows 2000 Pro(W2K)? Although Microsoft's compatibility
    list indicates WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives will operate under W2K-pro, Microsoft
    kb/articles/q217/0/51.asp says W2K QIC support has been disabled. Microsoft
    does this by having W2K-Pro refuse to install any QIC tape tape drive. If
    anybody has gotten Backup Exec to work with a WangTek SCSI QIC drive under
    W2K, I'd love to know about it and how it was managed. Thanks in advance
    for any info.

  2. Re: BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro

    SCSI drives work thru the SCSI adapter.
    If the Wangtek drive is recognized by the SCSI adapter, I don't see why BE
    could not handle it.

    Do you have the latest BE?
    Perhaps you are using an older version that is not compatible with Win 2000?

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "Lonn Henrichsen" wrote in message

    > Has anyone successfully installed BackUp Exec and made it work with a

    WangTek
    > SCSI QIC tape drive under Windows 2000 Pro(W2K)? Although Microsoft's

    compatibility
    > list indicates WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives will operate under W2K-pro,

    Microsoft
    > kb/articles/q217/0/51.asp says W2K QIC support has been disabled.

    Microsoft
    > does this by having W2K-Pro refuse to install any QIC tape tape drive. If
    > anybody has gotten Backup Exec to work with a WangTek SCSI QIC drive under
    > W2K, I'd love to know about it and how it was managed. Thanks in advance
    > for any info.

  3. Re: BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro

    You don't say which Wangtek models.

    The latest Veritas device support list does include WAngtek models, such as
    those OEMed via Compaq.

    --

    > Has anyone successfully installed BackUp Exec and made it work with a

    WangTek
    > SCSI QIC tape drive under Windows 2000 Pro(W2K)? Although Microsoft's

    compatibility
    > list indicates WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives will operate under W2K-pro,

    Microsoft
    > kb/articles/q217/0/51.asp says W2K QIC support has been disabled.

    Microsoft
    > does this by having W2K-Pro refuse to install any QIC tape tape drive. If
    > anybody has gotten Backup Exec to work with a WangTek SCSI QIC drive under
    > W2K, I'd love to know about it and how it was managed. Thanks in advance
    > for any info.

  4. Re: BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro

    Veritas tech support advises that BackUp Exec Desktop will not support any SCSI
    QIC tape drive. It is unclear about the server version.

  5. Re: BackUp Exec & WangTek SCSI QIC tape drives with W2K-Pro

    The device support list for the BackUp MyPC product includes the following:

    WangTek 3400 DX 3400 DX S S S
    WangTek 51000 51000 S S S
    WangTek 51000ES 51000ES S S S
    WangTek 51000HT 51000HT S S S
    WangTek 6130FS 6130FS S S S
    WangTek 6130HS 6130HS S S S
    WangTek 6200 6200 S S S
    WangTek Wangdat 3100 Wangdat 3100 S S S
    WangTek Wangdat 3200 Wangdat 3200 S S S

    List also includes:

    Compaq Wangtek 3010MT 340/680 w/comp. S S S
    Compaq Wangtek 51000 1.2 GB ACA 199574-001 S S S
    Compaq Wangtek 51000 1.2 GB ACA S S S
    Compaq Wangtek 5525ES 525MB ACA 142030-001 S S S
    Compaq Wangtek 5525ES 320/525 S S S

    --

    > Veritas tech support advises that BackUp Exec Desktop will not support any

    SCSI
    > QIC tape drive. It is unclear about the server version.

+ Reply to Thread