support? - Veritas

This is a discussion on support? - Veritas ; Where will I go for support if Veritas discontinues It's interest in supporting the products it has sold? Namely "Backup exec". I have heard Veritas will no longer support this product after October 2001...I guess we are all screwed when ...

  1. support?

    Where will I go for support if Veritas discontinues It's interest in supporting
    the products it has sold? Namely "Backup exec". I have heard Veritas will
    no longer support this product after October 2001...I guess we are all screwed
    when they shut us down!

  2. Re: support?

    Upgrade to a supported product/version would be my guess. After all,
    you can't expect a company to support an old and discontinued product
    indefinitely. Just like Microsoft will drop support for Windows 95 in
    December, 2001.

    "Joe dela" wrote:

    >Where will I go for support if Veritas discontinues It's interest in supporting
    >the products it has sold? Namely "Backup exec". I have heard Veritas will
    >no longer support this product after October 2001...I guess we are all screwed
    >when they shut us down!

    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  3. Re: support?

    How do I get the data off my disk if it can't read the catalog?
    "Joe dela" wrote in message

    > Where will I go for support if Veritas discontinues It's interest in

    supporting
    > the products it has sold? Namely "Backup exec". I have heard Veritas will
    > no longer support this product after October 2001...I guess we are all

    screwed
    > when they shut us down!

+ Reply to Thread