Media Controller - Veritas

This is a discussion on Media Controller - Veritas ; Hello, When I try to make a backup using Backup Exec 4.2.1 I get an error 'media controller is not responding correctly ref 07-0b-21-01-0002'. Any ideas what this means? The HP drive 9100 apears to be working correctly for everything ...

  1. Media Controller

    Hello,
    When I try to make a backup using Backup Exec 4.2.1 I get an error 'media
    controller is not responding correctly ref 07-0b-21-01-0002'. Any ideas
    what this means? The HP drive 9100 apears to be working correctly for
    everything else.

    -Bill

  2. Re: Media Controller

    Are you backing up to file or are you backing up to device. If you're using
    something like Direct CD and backing up to file this error can be resolved
    by switching to device backup. Other than that, you might want to switch the
    IDE chain that the drive is on.

    Chris

    "WES" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > When I try to make a backup using Backup Exec 4.2.1 I get an error 'media
    > controller is not responding correctly ref 07-0b-21-01-0002'. Any ideas
    > what this means? The HP drive 9100 apears to be working correctly for
    > everything else.
    >
    > -Bill

+ Reply to Thread