No Device Found on Win ME with Seagate Tapestor 8000, IDE - Veritas

This is a discussion on No Device Found on Win ME with Seagate Tapestor 8000, IDE - Veritas ; My customer have an Seagate Tapestor 8Gb IDE, TR4 and uses windows ME. When connection the tape drive ME finds it and installs a driver. Veritas Backup Desktop V 4.5 installs without error but can not find the tape. It ...

  1. No Device Found on Win ME with Seagate Tapestor 8000, IDE

    My customer have an Seagate Tapestor 8Gb IDE, TR4 and uses windows ME.

    When connection the tape drive ME finds it and installs a driver. Veritas
    Backup Desktop V 4.5 installs without error but can not find the tape. It
    do ask for a cd to write to, but no cd-r or cd-rw are installed?

    Anyone have a clue?

    Tia
    Kenth Nasstrom

  2. Re: No Device Found on Win ME with Seagate Tapestor 8000, IDE

    does it show up in the Device manager?

    Chris

    "Kenth Nasstrom" wrote in message

    > My customer have an Seagate Tapestor 8Gb IDE, TR4 and uses windows ME.
    >
    > When connection the tape drive ME finds it and installs a driver. Veritas
    > Backup Desktop V 4.5 installs without error but can not find the tape. It
    > do ask for a cd to write to, but no cd-r or cd-rw are installed?
    >
    > Anyone have a clue?
    >
    > Tia
    > Kenth Nasstrom

+ Reply to Thread