Can't name the TR-5 tapes when Initializing with Backup Exec 4.5 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Can't name the TR-5 tapes when Initializing with Backup Exec 4.5 - Veritas ; Hi, I have Backup Exec V4.5a (build SRS 300B58A) which was bundled with my Seagate TapeStor External Travan TR-5 USB tape drive (recognized as a "Seagate STT20000A Drive" with firmware revision 8A51). I am running Windows 98 Version 4.10.1998. When ...

  1. Can't name the TR-5 tapes when Initializing with Backup Exec 4.5

    Hi,

    I have Backup Exec V4.5a (build SRS 300B58A) which was bundled with my
    Seagate TapeStor External Travan TR-5 USB tape drive (recognized as a
    "Seagate STT20000A Drive" with firmware revision 8A51). I am running
    Windows 98 Version 4.10.1998.

    When I initialize a TR-5 tape (new or already used), I don't have the
    ability to give the tape a name, the software automatically names it "Backup
    Media nnnnn" (where "nnnnn" is a number that started at 00001 and is
    increased by 1 every time I initialize a TR-5 tape.

    I also can't seem to be able to rename a tape, as there is no option in the
    Tools -> Media menu!

    Does anybody else have this (these) problem(s), and is there a way to fix it
    (them)?

    Thanks in advance.

    Giorgio

  2. Re: Can't name the TR-5 tapes when Initializing with Backup Exec 4.5

    Hit the Options button in the bottom right corner, then make sure you're on
    the General tab, on the bottom you can choose how they are named.

    Chris

    "Giorgio Ungarelli" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Backup Exec V4.5a (build SRS 300B58A) which was bundled with my
    > Seagate TapeStor External Travan TR-5 USB tape drive (recognized as a
    > "Seagate STT20000A Drive" with firmware revision 8A51). I am running
    > Windows 98 Version 4.10.1998.
    >
    > When I initialize a TR-5 tape (new or already used), I don't have the
    > ability to give the tape a name, the software automatically names it

    "Backup
    > Media nnnnn" (where "nnnnn" is a number that started at 00001 and is
    > increased by 1 every time I initialize a TR-5 tape.
    >
    > I also can't seem to be able to rename a tape, as there is no option in

    the
    > Tools -> Media menu!
    >
    > Does anybody else have this (these) problem(s), and is there a way to fix

    it
    > (them)?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Giorgio