Fatal error during backup - Veritas

This is a discussion on Fatal error during backup - Veritas ; Receive the following error message: "An error occurred while writing the backup data. The media controller is not responding correctly. (08-0B-21-01-0002)" Environment: New Seagate TapeStor Travan20-SCSI, bundled Backup Exec Desktop, Adaptec AHA-2940AU controller, Compaq w/AMD Athlon 1G, etc. The SCSI ...

  1. Fatal error during backup

    Receive the following error message: "An error occurred while writing the
    backup data. The media controller is not responding correctly. (08-0B-21-01-0002)"

    Environment: New Seagate TapeStor Travan20-SCSI, bundled Backup Exec Desktop,
    Adaptec AHA-2940AU controller, Compaq w/AMD Athlon 1G, etc. The SCSI card
    has been swapped with same mod. from working system. Same error my system,
    other works fine with my old card. I have encountered similar error message
    using AHA-294x cards in Intel PII systems and Seagate 8G Travan's.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Fatal error during backup

    This is basically telling you that your having a controler error. Make sure
    you have the latest and greatest firmware for your drive, and the latest
    firmware for you scsi card. BTW, it's reporting end of partition/medium
    detected.

    Chris

    "Wes Clement" wrote in message

    > Receive the following error message: "An error occurred while writing the
    > backup data. The media controller is not responding correctly.

    (08-0B-21-01-0002)"

    > Environment: New Seagate TapeStor Travan20-SCSI, bundled Backup Exec

    Desktop,
    > Adaptec AHA-2940AU controller, Compaq w/AMD Athlon 1G, etc. The SCSI card
    > has been swapped with same mod. from working system. Same error my

    system,
    > other works fine with my old card. I have encountered similar error

    message
    > using AHA-294x cards in Intel PII systems and Seagate 8G Travan's.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread