Seagate Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM) - Veritas

This is a discussion on Seagate Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM) - Veritas ; When I purchased my TapeStor 2GB Travan tape drive (Seagate STT220000A-RFT drive) it came with Seagate>Crystal>Veritas Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM) Build SRS 235B 36D backup software on CD. My question is whether this software is compatible with Windows XP? I ...

  1. Seagate Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM)

    When I purchased my TapeStor 2GB Travan tape drive (Seagate STT220000A-RFT
    drive) it came with Seagate>Crystal>Veritas Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM) Build
    SRS 235B 36D backup software on CD. My question is whether this software is
    compatible with Windows XP?

    I am running the software now with Windows 98SE and was thinking of going to
    XP. If 4.01c chokes on XP which version of Veritas backup software should I
    get for home use with no network. Will one software program cover tape and
    CD backup?

    --
    "A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
    Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."

  2. Re: Seagate Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM)

    no, it's not!! It may backup okay, but the restore can kill your system.

    Chris

    "Jim Higgins" wrote in message
    > When I purchased my TapeStor 2GB Travan tape drive (Seagate STT220000A-RFT
    > drive) it came with Seagate>Crystal>Veritas Backup Exec 4.01c (OEM) Build
    > SRS 235B 36D backup software on CD. My question is whether this software

    is
    > compatible with Windows XP?
    >
    > I am running the software now with Windows 98SE and was thinking of going

    > XP. If 4.01c chokes on XP which version of Veritas backup software should

    > get for home use with no network. Will one software program cover tape

    and
    > CD backup?
    >

    > --
    > "A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
    > Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
    > - Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread