Unable to Attach........ - Veritas

This is a discussion on Unable to Attach........ - Veritas ; Help in this problem would be greatly appreciated. I am running Backup Exec V8.50 Build 3571 Server Edition with Windows 2000 Professional. Whenever I schedule a backup the error: "Unable to attach to \\server_name\directory" appears. But as soon as I ...

  1. Unable to Attach........

    Help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.

    I am running Backup Exec V8.50 Build 3571
    Server Edition
    with Windows 2000 Professional.

    Whenever I schedule a backup the error:
    "Unable to attach to \\server_name\directory"
    appears.

    But as soon as I log off and then log back on
    and then run the backup again it is fine.

    It seems that it cannot run multiple sets of backups without
    logging off first....and even then it fails sometime if I have been
    logged on for a long period of time..

    I have set the Administrator rights to all services as recommended
    by the Veritas knowledge base when searching the above error...

    Would upgrading to 3572 help ????
    Any help would be appreciated...

    Thanks in Advance.....

    Regards,
    -------------
    Samir Madi
    (E-Mail): samir.madi@rmdformwork.com

  2. Re: Unable to Attach........

    Hi Sam

    I dont't know whether or not the upgrade to 3572 RC9 would exactly
    resolve your problem but I still recommend it to you. I also recommend
    to apply SP2 to W2K boxes.

    Regards...
    Ami

    "Sam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > I am running Backup Exec V8.50 Build 3571
    > Server Edition
    > with Windows 2000 Professional.
    >
    > Whenever I schedule a backup the error:
    > "Unable to attach to \\server_name\directory"
    > appears.
    >
    > But as soon as I log off and then log back on
    > and then run the backup again it is fine.
    >
    > It seems that it cannot run multiple sets of backups without
    > logging off first....and even then it fails sometime if I have been
    > logged on for a long period of time..
    >
    > I have set the Administrator rights to all services as recommended
    > by the Veritas knowledge base when searching the above error...
    >
    > Would upgrading to 3572 help ????
    > Any help would be appreciated...
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.....
    >
    > Regards,
    > -------------
    > Samir Madi
    > (E-Mail): samir.madi@rmdformwork.com

  3. Re: Unable to Attach........

    "Ami" wrote in message
    > Hi Sam
    > I also recommend
    > to apply SP2 to W2K boxes.

    Not unless you're dying to. MS doesn't even categorize SP2 as a critical
    update. You can get all the included security updates separately, while SP2
    adds "features". Yeah (sarcasm)...SP2 has known issue w/ Proxy 2.0 and
    Unix/Linux/*ux Samaba services...guess MS wants everyone to goto Win2k
    servers w/ ISA or nothing at all.

    > Regards...
    > Ami

  4. Re: Unable to Attach........

    Ami,
    Yes I am about to upgrade to 3752 RC9 .......
    Would I need to uninstall the previous version or just install
    on top using our serial number...????

    I am guessing installing on top, as it will recognise that it is
    an upgrade and keep all existing data files

    The readme notes do not mention anything regarding
    upgrading from 3751 -> 3752.... surprise, surprise...

    Thanks for help and hopefully this will solve the problem.

    Regards,

    Sam.

    "Ami" wrote in message
    > Hi Sam
    >
    > I dont't know whether or not the upgrade to 3572 RC9 would exactly
    > resolve your problem but I still recommend it to you. I also recommend
    > to apply SP2 to W2K boxes.
    >
    > Regards...
    > Ami
    >
    > "Sam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > I am running Backup Exec V8.50 Build 3571
    > > Server Edition
    > > with Windows 2000 Professional.
    > >
    > > Whenever I schedule a backup the error:
    > > "Unable to attach to \\server_name\directory"
    > > appears.
    > >
    > > But as soon as I log off and then log back on
    > > and then run the backup again it is fine.
    > >
    > > It seems that it cannot run multiple sets of backups without
    > > logging off first....and even then it fails sometime if I have been
    > > logged on for a long period of time..
    > >
    > > I have set the Administrator rights to all services as recommended
    > > by the Veritas knowledge base when searching the above error...
    > >
    > > Would upgrading to 3572 help ????
    > > Any help would be appreciated...
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance.....
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > -------------
    > > Samir Madi
    > > (E-Mail): samir.madi@rmdformwork.com

  5. Re: Unable to Attach........

    Sam,

    Just install it on top of the old version. You won't lose any setttings
    (that's my experience so far). I installed it on 4 w2k/sp2 boxes during the
    last 3 days with open file option / exchange agent / remote agent /
    intelligent disaster recovery and had no problem at all except IDR didn't
    accept my w2k-server-cd to create an image. But this was because of my
    region setting (german (switzerland)) instead of the default settings
    (german (german)) at install time.

    The next few days I will try to completely recover a "crashed" system. Well,
    I'm still confident...

    Hope this helps otherwise don't hesitate asking me for further informations.

    Regards...
    Ami

+ Reply to Thread