BE 4.5 and Recovery Wizard - Veritas

This is a discussion on BE 4.5 and Recovery Wizard - Veritas ; The help says to create a disaster recovery set use the "tools" menu and select "recovery wizard". Recovery wizard is not an option on tools or any other menu. I just installed BE Desktop version 4.5, build V99 240B99A. I'm ...

  1. BE 4.5 and Recovery Wizard

    The help says to create a disaster recovery set use the "tools" menu and select
    "recovery wizard". Recovery wizard is not an option on tools or any other
    menu.

    I just installed BE Desktop version 4.5, build V99 240B99A.

    I'm running WinMe. The product information on the web says WinMe is not
    supported, but on the box it is.

    I upgraded from BE Version 3.0 and the recovery wizard was in tools as the
    current help indicates. It's just not there now in the new version. How
    do I start the recovery wizard to create the restart diskettes and backup
    itself?

  2. Re: BE 4.5 and Recovery Wizard

    Unfortunately, that was a big Oooooooppss!!! for the software team. It
    happened to me too!. The help file says that the Disaster Recovery is under
    the Tools menu, and that's right, but they forgot to specify in which
    version. The only way that you can create the Recovery Set is if you have
    the Backup Exec Desktop Pro version, which I think is kind a stupid not to
    include that option in the other versions.

    --
    Armando Torres
    Maui_Waves@Bigfoot.Com
    "Jim K." wrote in message

    The help says to create a disaster recovery set use the "tools" menu and
    select
    "recovery wizard". Recovery wizard is not an option on tools or any other
    menu.

    I just installed BE Desktop version 4.5, build V99 240B99A.

    I'm running WinMe. The product information on the web says WinMe is not
    supported, but on the box it is.

    I upgraded from BE Version 3.0 and the recovery wizard was in tools as the
    current help indicates. It's just not there now in the new version. How
    do I start the recovery wizard to create the restart diskettes and backup
    itself?

+ Reply to Thread