Re: Backup problem. - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re: Backup problem. - Veritas ; I am pleased to say that I have today successfully backed up and verified a large proportion of files on my hard drive using Veritas Backup Exec Desktop Pro V4.5 onto 14 Iomega 100MB Zip disks. Processed files 57,471. Total ...

  1. Re: Backup problem.

    I am pleased to say that I have today successfully backed up and verified a
    large proportion of files on my hard drive using Veritas Backup Exec Desktop
    Pro V4.5 onto 14 Iomega 100MB Zip disks. Processed files 57,471. Total
    bytes before compression, 1,773,275,192.
    Job started, 07:36:52. Completed, 15.19.30.
    The time taken to carry this out must make a good subject for entry into the
    Guiness Book of Records.

    I regret that my facility for replying to the newsgroup has gone wrong.
    Whenever I try to reply to a response, a window comes up "Outlook Express".
    When I click "OK" a message comes up stating that it cannot read my profile
    and the it needs to be deleted and re-entered. Whatever I do doesn't appear
    to be recognised.
    I am able to reply to an e-mail address in the normal way.

    My apologies to Chris for not replying to his response to my previous entry
    as I do not have his e-mail address. My hard drive is a Seagate 6.5GB, A
    little under 50% unused.

  2. Re: Backup problem.

    Well......

    I backed up my system using Veritas Backup Exec Desktop Pro
    V4.5 onto 10 CDRW media, compressed. Can't remember all of the
    stats. I have about 23 GB of available disk space on two spindles
    and they are about 40% full. Don't have any idea of how much time
    it took ... my little clock's batteries ran out!!

    FWIW, I have a Yamaha SCSI CDRW drive and have never gotten a
    bad media message from the device -- ever!

    "Sidney Feldman" wrote in message
    > I am pleased to say that I have today successfully backed up and verified

    > large proportion of files on my hard drive using Veritas Backup Exec

    Desktop
    > Pro V4.5 onto 14 Iomega 100MB Zip disks. Processed files 57,471. Total
    > bytes before compression, 1,773,275,192.
    > Job started, 07:36:52. Completed, 15.19.30.
    > The time taken to carry this out must make a good subject for entry into

    the
    > Guiness Book of Records.
    >
    > I regret that my facility for replying to the newsgroup has gone wrong.
    > Whenever I try to reply to a response, a window comes up "Outlook

    Express".
    > When I click "OK" a message comes up stating that it cannot read my

    profile
    > and the it needs to be deleted and re-entered. Whatever I do doesn't

    appear
    > to be recognised.
    > I am able to reply to an e-mail address in the normal way.
    >
    > My apologies to Chris for not replying to his response to my previous

    entry
    > as I do not have his e-mail address. My hard drive is a Seagate 6.5GB, A
    > little under 50% unused.

+ Reply to Thread