Veritas Backup problem - Veritas

This is a discussion on Veritas Backup problem - Veritas ; I have Backup Exec Desktop Pro, V4.5. Purchased about 2 months ago. Running Windows 98. I have yet to successfully carry out a full backup of my system on CD-R. Total disk space used a little under 3GB of a ...

  1. Veritas Backup problem

    I have Backup Exec Desktop Pro, V4.5. Purchased about 2 months ago.
    Running Windows 98.

    I have yet to successfully carry out a full backup of my system on CD-R.
    Total disk space used a little under 3GB of a 6GB disk. The backup always
    stalls at about 500.000 Bytes from completion. Usually backing up WinZip.
    It leaves me no option but to abandon the project. I have tried using all
    the options available, Automatic Backup, One Button Backup. etc. Last time
    it stalled using Automatic Backup, I tried continuing the backup using the
    'New or Changed Files' facility. That also stalled. On a different
    program. I have tried re-installing Desktop Pro. Made no difference. I do
    use compression when backing up. Could that be the problem?

    I should be grateful for any advice on overcoming this problem.

  2. Re: Veritas Backup problem

    "Sidney Feldman" wrote:
    >I have Backup Exec Desktop Pro, V4.5. Purchased about 2 months ago.
    >Running Windows 98.
    >
    >I have yet to successfully carry out a full backup of my system on CD-R.
    >Total disk space used a little under 3GB of a 6GB disk. The backup always
    >stalls at about 500.000 Bytes from completion. Usually backing up WinZip.
    >It leaves me no option but to abandon the project. I have tried using all
    >the options available, Automatic Backup, One Button Backup. etc. Last time
    >it stalled using Automatic Backup, I tried continuing the backup using the
    >'New or Changed Files' facility. That also stalled. On a different
    >program. I have tried re-installing Desktop Pro. Made no difference.

    I do
    >use compression when backing up. Could that be the problem?
    >
    >I should be grateful for any advice on overcoming this problem.

    you'd be better off getting a different brand of software.. basically i've
    got the same problem plus many others, meaning my backup schedule is out
    the window. I've given up waiting for a reply and veritas are not really
    interested...

  3. Re: Veritas Backup problem

    What kind of drive are you using?

    Chris

    "andy wright" wrote in message

    > "Sidney Feldman" wrote:
    > >I have Backup Exec Desktop Pro, V4.5. Purchased about 2 months ago.
    > >Running Windows 98.
    > >
    > >I have yet to successfully carry out a full backup of my system on CD-R.
    > >Total disk space used a little under 3GB of a 6GB disk. The backup

    always
    > >stalls at about 500.000 Bytes from completion. Usually backing up

    WinZip.
    > >It leaves me no option but to abandon the project. I have tried using

    all
    > >the options available, Automatic Backup, One Button Backup. etc. Last

    time
    > >it stalled using Automatic Backup, I tried continuing the backup using

    the
    > >'New or Changed Files' facility. That also stalled. On a different
    > >program. I have tried re-installing Desktop Pro. Made no difference.

    > I do
    > >use compression when backing up. Could that be the problem?
    > >
    > >I should be grateful for any advice on overcoming this problem.
    > >

    > you'd be better off getting a different brand of software.. basically i've
    > got the same problem plus many others, meaning my backup schedule is out
    > the window. I've given up waiting for a reply and veritas are not really
    > interested...

+ Reply to Thread