CD-RW burning problem (amended) - Veritas

This is a discussion on CD-RW burning problem (amended) - Veritas ; I run Win 98, 233MHZ Pentium 11 1998 version. CD writer is HP CD-Writer plus 8210e. USB. Software, Veritas Backup Exec V4.5. My problem is that using Veritas Backup, it will not write to CD-RW media. Appears not to recognise ...

  1. CD-RW burning problem (amended)

    I run Win 98, 233MHZ Pentium 11 1998 version.

    CD writer is HP CD-Writer plus 8210e. USB.
    Software, Veritas Backup Exec V4.5.

    My problem is that using Veritas Backup, it will not write to CD-RW media.
    Appears not to recognise that disk is formatted. Carried out full format
    before use.
    No problem writing to CD-R or Zip Disks.
    Also no problem writing CD-RW using software supplied with CD writer.

    I should be grateful for any help.

  2. Re: CD-RW burning problem (amended)

    Are you using a brand new CD-RW. My experience has been that if it has ever
    been used by packet writing software (Direct CD) it will not work with Backup
    Exec.

    Sidney Feldman wrote:

    > I run Win 98, 233MHZ Pentium 11 1998 version.
    >
    > CD writer is HP CD-Writer plus 8210e. USB.
    > Software, Veritas Backup Exec V4.5.
    >
    > My problem is that using Veritas Backup, it will not write to CD-RW media.
    > Appears not to recognise that disk is formatted. Carried out full format
    > before use.
    > No problem writing to CD-R or Zip Disks.
    > Also no problem writing CD-RW using software supplied with CD writer.
    >
    > I should be grateful for any help.

+ Reply to Thread