Unformatted region - Veritas

This is a discussion on Unformatted region - Veritas ; I had to restore some files after a hard drive crash and I get an error 'unformatted region was detected on the media 07-04-23-02-1403'. I was able to get most of the files but I still need to get some ...

  1. Unformatted region

    I had to restore some files after a hard drive crash and I get an error 'unformatted
    region was detected on the media 07-04-23-02-1403'. I was able to get most
    of the files but I still need to get some more files. Is there any way to
    work around this problem? I did not receive any errors when I made the backup.
    Thank in advance.
    -Bill

  2. Re: Unformatted region

    the 1403 part of that error message indicates that the end of the data was
    not found. Now that may not help you too much, but maybe you can do
    something with it. Have you tried skipping a few files where it seems to be
    having the error? Or doing individual file restores at a time?

    Chris

    "William Staber" wrote in message

    > I had to restore some files after a hard drive crash and I get an error

    'unformatted
    > region was detected on the media 07-04-23-02-1403'. I was able to get

    most
    > of the files but I still need to get some more files. Is there any way to
    > work around this problem? I did not receive any errors when I made the

    backup.
    > Thank in advance.
    > -Bill

+ Reply to Thread