On recovery: current configuration does not match - Veritas

This is a discussion on On recovery: current configuration does not match - Veritas ; I want to restore my win95 Dell XpS D300. My last back up 3/31/01. My DR diskettes 11/30/00. Back up Exec Desktop 4.2.1 (upgrade). I get a "current configuration does not match" warning with the suggestion I reformat the harddrive. ...

  1. On recovery: current configuration does not match

    I want to restore my win95 Dell XpS D300. My last back up 3/31/01.
    My DR diskettes 11/30/00. Back up Exec Desktop 4.2.1 (upgrade).
    I get a "current configuration does not match" warning with the
    suggestion I reformat the harddrive.
    Specifically: F: no format (current) and F:1875MB FAT16 (original)
    Since I can currently access the F drive ... is this a bogus error?
    I really do not want to reformat the drive. F does not contain
    anything but some odd save files (perhaps by Norton.)
    Am I going to run into trouble by ignoring this error message?
    Thank you

  2. Re: On recovery: current configuration does not match

    you shouldn't have any problems, unless you think you are going to run out
    of space on your F: drive by doing some restores to it.

    Chris

    "Gail Jackson" wrote in message

    > I want to restore my win95 Dell XpS D300. My last back up 3/31/01.
    > My DR diskettes 11/30/00. Back up Exec Desktop 4.2.1 (upgrade).
    > I get a "current configuration does not match" warning with the
    > suggestion I reformat the harddrive.
    > Specifically: F: no format (current) and F:1875MB FAT16 (original)
    > Since I can currently access the F drive ... is this a bogus error?
    > I really do not want to reformat the drive. F does not contain
    > anything but some odd save files (perhaps by Norton.)
    > Am I going to run into trouble by ignoring this error message?
    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread