Omitting a huge file from backup - Veritas

This is a discussion on Omitting a huge file from backup - Veritas ; Using BE Desktop 4.2. I want to omit the 1.5G Goback file gobackio.bin. If I exclude the .bin filetype, files that should be backed up will be omitted. Any help? Thanks!...

  1. Omitting a huge file from backup

    Using BE Desktop 4.2. I want to omit the 1.5G Goback file
    gobackio.bin. If I exclude the .bin filetype, files that
    should be backed up will be omitted. Any help? Thanks!

  2. Re: Omitting a huge file from backup

    All you have to do is uncheck (exclude) the gobackio.bin file and it
    will not back it up on a full, differential or incremental backup. On a
    Disaster Recovery Backup, I know of no way to exclude individual files.

    Harv wrote:

    > Using BE Desktop 4.2. I want to omit the 1.5G Goback file
    > gobackio.bin. If I exclude the .bin filetype, files that
    > should be backed up will be omitted. Any help? Thanks!

  3. Re: Omitting a huge file from backup

    Steve Blake wrote:
    >All you have to do is uncheck (exclude) the gobackio.bin file and it
    >will not back it up on a full, differential or incremental backup. On a
    >Disaster Recovery Backup, I know of no way to exclude individual files.
    >

    >Harv wrote:
    >
    >> Using BE Desktop 4.2. I want to omit the 1.5G Goback file
    >> gobackio.bin. If I exclude the .bin filetype, files that
    >> should be backed up will be omitted. Any help? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread