Restore Sub-directory, but not parent directories - Veritas

This is a discussion on Restore Sub-directory, but not parent directories - Veritas ; How do you restore a sub-directory without restoring the parent directories? In other words, if CHILD is a sub-directory of PARENT, how do I restore CHILD without ending up with a directory structure such as: C:\PARENT\CHILD In other words, I'd ...

  1. Restore Sub-directory, but not parent directories

    How do you restore a sub-directory without restoring the parent directories?

    In other words, if CHILD is a sub-directory of PARENT, how do I restore
    CHILD without ending up with a directory structure such as:

    C:\PARENT\CHILD

    In other words, I'd like to restore CHILD and all its sub-directories so
    that I end up with:

    C:\ ... CHOSEN_LOCATION\CHILD

    not

    C:\ ... CHOSEN_LOCATION\PARENT\CHILD

    Is there any way to do this? Restoring to an ALTERNATE LOCATION copies the
    unwanted parent structure and restoring to a SINGLE DIRECTORY collapses the
    structure below CHILD into that single directory. Neither option is
    acceptable.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Restore Sub-directory, but not parent directories

    Inline...........

    "Robert Pearson" wrote in message
    > How do you restore a sub-directory without restoring the parent

    directories?

    > In other words, if CHILD is a sub-directory of PARENT, how do I

    restore
    > CHILD without ending up with a directory structure such as:
    >
    > C:\PARENT\CHILD
    >
    > In other words, I'd like to restore CHILD and all its

    sub-directories so
    > that I end up with:
    >
    > C:\ ... CHOSEN_LOCATION\CHILD
    >
    > not
    >
    > C:\ ... CHOSEN_LOCATION\PARENT\CHILD
    >
    > Is there any way to do this? Restoring to an ALTERNATE LOCATION

    copies the
    > unwanted parent structure and restoring to a SINGLE DIRECTORY

    collapses the
    > structure below CHILD into that single directory. Neither option is
    > acceptable.

    I don't know of any way to get around this except to restore to
    Original location and copy or move the files to where you want them.

    --
    Live Long and Prosper,
    CRH 8^)>

+ Reply to Thread