Help - restoring to Win2000 from NT tape - Veritas

This is a discussion on Help - restoring to Win2000 from NT tape - Veritas ; Help I made tapes using Veritas Backup Exec desktop v.4 on a NT4 machine with a Sony SDT-9000 tape drive. Windows 2000pro is supplied with veritas backup software. When putting the old tapes in, 1. Most do not read the ...

  1. Help - restoring to Win2000 from NT tape

    Help

    I made tapes using Veritas Backup Exec desktop v.4 on a NT4 machine with
    a Sony SDT-9000 tape drive.

    Windows 2000pro is supplied with veritas backup software. When putting the
    old tapes in,

    1. Most do not read the catalog (but some do!).

    2. With the tapes that I cannot read the catalog and that I did not need
    the data, I selected the erase option. Now the software thinks there is no
    tape in the drive. How do I get the software to recognise the tape.

    Thanks for your help

    Aman Uppal

    Please also email your response to me (amanu1@yahoo.com)

  2. Re: Help - restoring to Win2000 from NT tape

    try downloading an eval copy of BUE 4.5, that should be able to do your
    restore.

    Chris

    "Aman" wrote in message news:3ac85dbf$1@hronntp01....

    > Help
    >
    > I made tapes using Veritas Backup Exec desktop v.4 on a NT4 machine with
    > a Sony SDT-9000 tape drive.
    >
    > Windows 2000pro is supplied with veritas backup software. When putting the
    > old tapes in,
    >
    > 1. Most do not read the catalog (but some do!).
    >
    > 2. With the tapes that I cannot read the catalog and that I did not need
    > the data, I selected the erase option. Now the software thinks there is no
    > tape in the drive. How do I get the software to recognise the tape.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Aman Uppal
    >
    > Please also email your response to me (amanu1@yahoo.com)

+ Reply to Thread