Restoring to a different computer - Veritas

This is a discussion on Restoring to a different computer - Veritas ; I am running Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 under Win 98 SE. I ran a backup from from my desktop computer to a CD-RW. I then tried to restore files from the CD-RW to my laptop but get a message that ...

  1. Restoring to a different computer

    I am running Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 under Win 98 SE. I ran a backup from
    from my desktop computer to a CD-RW. I then tried to restore files from the
    CD-RW to my laptop but get a message that the disk is "Unavailable. Drive
    not ready."

    If I format a CD-RW as a simple data disk and copy files to it, the laptop
    has no problem reading it.

    Dick Evans

  2. Re: Restoring to a different computer

    on the laptop, do you also have Direct CD, MyCD, or some other program that
    might have grabed control of the CDRW drive??

    Chris

    "Richard Evans" wrote in message
    > I am running Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 under Win 98 SE. I ran a backup from
    > from my desktop computer to a CD-RW. I then tried to restore files from

    the
    > CD-RW to my laptop but get a message that the disk is "Unavailable. Drive
    > not ready."
    >
    > If I format a CD-RW as a simple data disk and copy files to it, the laptop
    > has no problem reading it.
    >
    > Dick Evans

+ Reply to Thread