CXolorado GB and Backup Exec - Veritas

This is a discussion on CXolorado GB and Backup Exec - Veritas ; My ppt HP Colorado 8GB failed ,so I bought another, because of data I needed from my 2 TR4 tapes. When trying to retrieve backup catalogs from the tapes I get the message: " error occured while retrieveing Backup Directory ...

  1. CXolorado GB and Backup Exec

    My ppt HP Colorado 8GB failed ,so I bought another, because of data I
    needed from my 2 TR4 tapes. When trying to retrieve backup catalogs from
    the tapes I get the message: " error occured while retrieveing Backup
    Directory
    a defective or damaged area on the media (07-03-23-01-1100)" . Both
    these tapes worked before what is this? I bought the drive just to get
    data needed now this! Suggestions Please !

    Thanks,
    Dennis

  2. Re: CXolorado GB and Backup Exec

    Your drive is reporting a Deleted block, and an unrecoverable read error. I
    don't know if you'll be able to get those backups back. If you have a tape
    that doens't have "important" info on it, that exibits the same behavor, you
    can try to format the tape with the new drive and create a backup set and
    then try to reporduce your problem.

    Sorry for the bad news.

    Chris

    "DMFinn" wrote in message news:3abfcab4@hronntp01....
    > My ppt HP Colorado 8GB failed ,so I bought another, because of data I
    > needed from my 2 TR4 tapes. When trying to retrieve backup catalogs

    from
    > the tapes I get the message: " error occured while retrieveing Backup
    > Directory
    > a defective or damaged area on the media (07-03-23-01-1100)" . Both
    > these tapes worked before what is this? I bought the drive just to get
    > data needed now this! Suggestions Please !
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

+ Reply to Thread