Backup Device Not Found (!) - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Device Not Found (!) - Veritas ; I'm running Backup Exec ver 4.4.1 on Windows2000 Pro. I'm using a SCSI HP CD Writer 9200 series (it's on the approved list). I made a couple of backups with it, then one day it said "Backup device not found." ...

  1. Backup Device Not Found (!)

    I'm running Backup Exec ver 4.4.1 on Windows2000 Pro. I'm using a SCSI HP
    CD Writer 9200 series (it's on the approved list).
    I made a couple of backups with it, then one day it said "Backup device not
    found." Heck, it's there. I use it read and write otherwise. I've re-installed
    the CD-RW drive as well as Backup Exec. No help.
    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Backup Device Not Found (!)

    did you happen to install any version of Windows Media Player with the CD
    recording feature, or any other recording software??

    Chris

    "Bill Rudersdorf" wrote in message

    > I'm running Backup Exec ver 4.4.1 on Windows2000 Pro. I'm using a SCSI HP
    > CD Writer 9200 series (it's on the approved list).
    > I made a couple of backups with it, then one day it said "Backup device

    not
    > found." Heck, it's there. I use it read and write otherwise. I've

    re-installed
    > the CD-RW drive as well as Backup Exec. No help.
    > Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread