Seagate Disaster Recovery Question - Veritas

This is a discussion on Seagate Disaster Recovery Question - Veritas ; I have the old Seagate Backup Exec 2.0B and recently upgraded to the Veritas Desktop 4.5. I noticed that the new program does not have the disaster recovery disk capability. Will my old floppies from 2.0b read tapes that were ...

  1. Seagate Disaster Recovery Question

    I have the old Seagate Backup Exec 2.0B and recently upgraded to the
    Veritas Desktop 4.5. I noticed that the new program does not have the
    disaster recovery disk capability. Will my old floppies from 2.0b read
    tapes that were written by the 4.5 version? Thanks.

  2. Re: Seagate Disaster Recovery Question

    Grasser wrote:

    >I have the old Seagate Backup Exec 2.0B and recently upgraded to the
    >Veritas Desktop 4.5. I noticed that the new program does not have the
    >disaster recovery disk capability. Will my old floppies from 2.0b read
    >tapes that were written by the 4.5 version? Thanks.

    The 4.5 PRO version has disaster recovery. Why don't you try reading
    a tape from your 2.0b ER floppies? You don't need a full backup.
    Just back up a couple of test files.
    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  3. Re: Seagate Disaster Recovery Question

    I tried reading a V4.5 tape with V2.0b recovery disks and it was
    unsuccessful. The strange thing is that a tape written by V4.5 can be read
    by the V2.0b Windows program.

    I guess my emergency backup will be to write a bootstrap partition using
    2.0b and then once that is loaded, I can restore the rest of my system from
    that.

    Colin Sewell wrote:

    > Grasser wrote:
    >
    > >I have the old Seagate Backup Exec 2.0B and recently upgraded to the
    > >Veritas Desktop 4.5. I noticed that the new program does not have the
    > >disaster recovery disk capability. Will my old floppies from 2.0b read
    > >tapes that were written by the 4.5 version? Thanks.

    > The 4.5 PRO version has disaster recovery. Why don't you try reading
    > a tape from your 2.0b ER floppies? You don't need a full backup.
    > Just back up a couple of test files.
    > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > Vancouver, BC

+ Reply to Thread