Illegal operation by Bewin32 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Illegal operation by Bewin32 - Veritas ; I recently got Backup Exec Desktop V4.5 and recently it aborts with message that Bewin32 has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. On restarting Backup it tells me the Backup directory has an error which it corrects. ...

  1. Illegal operation by Bewin32

    I recently got Backup Exec Desktop V4.5 and recently it aborts with message
    that Bewin32 has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. On
    restarting Backup it tells me the Backup directory has an error which it
    corrects.
    I looked for similar mentions and found other people with the similar problems
    and no answers. It has shocked me to find Bewin32 is the program run by Backup.
    It seems that Veritas should post a solution for a problem caused by their
    program.
    I emailed them and they just referred me to the Knowledge base(limited info
    here) and Newsgroups or pay 15/ incident.

  2. Re: Illegal operation by Bewin32

    Did you try re-installing the app??

    Chris

    "Andy Hamilton" wrote in message

    > I recently got Backup Exec Desktop V4.5 and recently it aborts with

    message
    > that Bewin32 has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. On
    > restarting Backup it tells me the Backup directory has an error which it
    > corrects.
    > I looked for similar mentions and found other people with the similar

    problems
    > and no answers. It has shocked me to find Bewin32 is the program run by

    Backup.
    > It seems that Veritas should post a solution for a problem caused by their
    > program.
    > I emailed them and they just referred me to the Knowledge base(limited

    info
    > here) and Newsgroups or pay 15/ incident.

+ Reply to Thread