Problem with Imation 16x CD-Rs - Veritas

This is a discussion on Problem with Imation 16x CD-Rs - Veritas ; I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R, it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The backups are success ...

  1. Problem with Imation 16x CD-Rs

    I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec
    Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R,
    it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The
    backups are success if I don't have to span CD-Rs. They are also successful
    if I use Yamaha 16x, 650M disks.

    It's still possible that this could be a problem with Backup Exec Desktop.
    It is NOT a Win2000 problem, since it also occurred under Win95. A test
    with Nero is still pending.

    This could also be a problem w. just the Plextor drives.

  2. Re: Problem with Imation 16x CD-Rs

    I suspect you'll find the problem is the 700m media with BE. 700m media
    works fine with Nero

    "Niels Kistrup" wrote in message
    > I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec
    > Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R,
    > it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The
    > backups are success if I don't have to span CD-Rs. They are also

    successful
    > if I use Yamaha 16x, 650M disks.
    >
    > It's still possible that this could be a problem with Backup Exec Desktop.
    > It is NOT a Win2000 problem, since it also occurred under Win95. A test
    > with Nero is still pending.
    >
    > This could also be a problem w. just the Plextor drives.

+ Reply to Thread