Exceed maximum file size - Veritas

This is a discussion on Exceed maximum file size - Veritas ; I receive the following meddage when trying to back up my hard drive to another, larger hard drive: "Error: The backup file has reached the maximum size allowed by the file system. Please retry the operation with smaller backups or ...

  1. Exceed maximum file size

    I receive the following meddage when trying to back up my hard drive to another,
    larger hard drive:
    "Error: The backup file has reached the maximum size allowed by the file
    system. Please retry the operation with smaller backups or backup to a different
    device."
    Does anyone know w way around this?

  2. Re: Exceed maximum file size

    the only way around it is to break the backup job up into smaller jobs. the
    error is caused because the largest a file can be under FAT 16 is 2gb and
    FAT 32 is 4gb. this error only occurs when backing up to a hard drive, if
    you back to a device, such as a tape drive, you will not get this error

    "Ted Cocheu" wrote:

    >I receive the following meddage when trying to back up my hard drive to

    another,
    >larger hard drive:
    >"Error: The backup file has reached the maximum size allowed by the file
    >system. Please retry the operation with smaller backups or backup to a different
    >device."
    >Does anyone know w way around this?

+ Reply to Thread