Backup Exec 4.5 and TDK 16X10X40 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.5 and TDK 16X10X40 - Veritas ; I just installed a new TDK CDRW drive. It does not show up on the "where to backup" list. Even though this device may not have been tested, I suspect it should still show up on the list. What do ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.5 and TDK 16X10X40

    I just installed a new TDK CDRW drive. It does not show up on the "where to
    backup" list. Even though this device may not have been tested, I suspect
    it should still show up on the list. What do I need to do to allow Backup
    Exec 4.5 to recognize the drive?

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 and TDK 16X10X40

    its because the drive is not supported yet. check out the below URL and follow
    the link under "Do not see your device in the list?"

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...BEDSKTPPRO.htm

    "Richard Kienle" wrote:

    >I just installed a new TDK CDRW drive. It does not show up on the "where

    >backup" list. Even though this device may not have been tested, I suspect
    >it should still show up on the list. What do I need to do to allow Backup
    >Exec 4.5 to recognize the drive?

  3. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 and TDK 16X10X40

    "magnum" wrote:

    >its because the drive is not supported yet. check out the below URL and

    follow
    >the link under "Do not see your device in the list?"

    I've sent e-mail repeatedly to that address about whether they
    plan to support a TEAC CD-W58E drive, and they never respond.
    Guess they don't care too much about their customers.

    >http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...BEDSKTPPRO.htm
    >
    >"Richard Kienle" wrote:
    >>
    >>I just installed a new TDK CDRW drive. It does not show up on the "where

    >>backup" list. Even though this device may not have been tested, I suspect
    >>it should still show up on the list. What do I need to do to allow Backup
    >>Exec 4.5 to recognize the drive?

+ Reply to Thread