I am using a Tandberg TDC 4222 streaming device under Windows 2000. It is
connected to an Adaptec 2940 scsi adapter and works fine so far with the
Windows backup tool which is obviously programmed by Veritas.

The problem: I bought Veritas Backup Exec v. 4.4.1 which is recommended for
the operating system. But the software is not able to perform a backup using
the streamer, it just offers the option to write to a file.

The Tandberg doesn't seem to be in the hardware compatibility list. Will
it be included in future upgrades of Backup Exec Desktop or is there another
chance to get the software to recognize the streamer?

TIA, Dietmar