History:
I am running Veritas BackupExec 7.3 (build 2575) on a Windows NT 4.0 server.

Problem:
I am able to backup any user created as well as the 'master', 'northwind',
'msdb' (and any other system db); however, when I try to restore them via
BackupExec I get the following two error messages:

a> for the 'master' system db: the database must be in single user mode

I thought Veritas took care of the SQL system administrator tasks

b> for the 'msdb' system db: something on the line of db is open and
must have proper administrator rights
to backup up db.

Again, I thought Veritas took care of the SQL system administrator tasks.

Please advise,