Device unavailable or in use error - Veritas

This is a discussion on Device unavailable or in use error - Veritas ; I am using backup exec version 4.4.1 with Windows 2000 and an HP 8290 usb CD-writer. When I start the backup I get the following message - The current device is unavailable. It may be in use by another application ...

  1. Device unavailable or in use error

    I am using backup exec version 4.4.1 with Windows 2000 and an HP 8290 usb
    CD-writer. When I start the backup I get the following message - The current
    device is unavailable. It may be in use by another application or shared
    as a system device. Ref: 00-21-00-00-0000.

    Backup Exec is recognising the drive. It is listed in the where to back up
    box. I do have Adapec Direct running in the system tray. Do I need to disable
    this?

    Any suggestions would be most helpfull.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Device unavailable or in use error

  3. Re: Device unavailable or in use error

    The easiest way to fix the problem is to temperaraly disable DCD. That way
    it won't try to grab any new disk that you put in (especially during
    spanning.)

    Chris

    "CRH" wrote in message

  4. Re: Device unavailable or in use error

+ Reply to Thread