Backup Exec 4.5 & Adaptec SCSI Controller - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.5 & Adaptec SCSI Controller - Veritas ; My tape backup is a Sony SDT-7000 SCSI Sequential Drive. My Adaptec controller card is AHA-2940 Ultra/Ultra Wide on Bus 00 evice 11h. I have two identical Adaptec controllers in my computer: one for my SCSI IBM hard drive and ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.5 & Adaptec SCSI Controller

    My tape backup is a Sony SDT-7000 SCSI Sequential Drive. My Adaptec
    controller card is AHA-2940 Ultra/Ultra Wide on Bus 00evice 11h. I have
    two identical Adaptec controllers in my computer: one for my SCSI IBM hard
    drive and one for my SCSI Sony tape backup. The setting on tape drive
    controller are all default. The tape drive is occupying ID 0 and the
    controller is occupying ID 7.

    I am using Backup Exec 4.5. When it loads I get the message "No Devices
    Found." When I use Backup Exec's Configure Devices, the SONY SDT-7000 tape
    drive appears in the Devices Configuration window, along with IOMEGA ZIP 100
    and PLECTOR CD-R PX-W1210A.

    When I highlight SONY SDT-7000 and click Settings from the Device
    Configuration window, In the Adapter Information window is Name: aic78xx;
    SCSI PORT: 3; BUS Number: 0.

    After clicking OK to get back to the Device Configuration window, I then
    click the Controllers tab. No controllers appear in the window and all of
    the options are grayed out except OK and Cancel.

    How can I get Backup Exec to recognize my SCSI controller?

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 & Adaptec SCSI Controller

    "W. Guy Delaney
    > My tape backup is a Sony SDT-7000 SCSI Sequential Drive. My Adaptec
    > controller card is AHA-2940 Ultra/Ultra Wide on Bus 00evice 11h. I have
    > two identical Adaptec controllers in my computer: one for my SCSI IBM hard
    > drive and one for my SCSI Sony tape backup.

    Two controllers? Hey the AHA-2940 UW is supporting 15 devices and you're
    using TWO controllers for two devices? This is too much!

    > How can I get Backup Exec to recognize my SCSI controller?

    Backup Exec does not recognizes your SCSI-controller, it recognizes only the
    devices connected to that controller. And if you can't find the device in
    Device Manager, it will not be recognizes by BE.
    Peter

  3. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 & Adaptec SCSI Controller

    I'd suggest calling Adaptec.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "W. Guy Delaney" wrote in message
    > My tape backup is a Sony SDT-7000 SCSI Sequential Drive. My Adaptec
    > controller card is AHA-2940 Ultra/Ultra Wide on Bus 00evice 11h. I have
    > two identical Adaptec controllers in my computer: one for my SCSI IBM hard
    > drive and one for my SCSI Sony tape backup. The setting on tape drive
    > controller are all default. The tape drive is occupying ID 0 and the
    > controller is occupying ID 7.
    >
    > I am using Backup Exec 4.5. When it loads I get the message "No Devices
    > Found." When I use Backup Exec's Configure Devices, the SONY SDT-7000 tape
    > drive appears in the Devices Configuration window, along with IOMEGA ZIP

    100
    > and PLECTOR CD-R PX-W1210A.
    >
    > When I highlight SONY SDT-7000 and click Settings from the Device
    > Configuration window, In the Adapter Information window is Name: aic78xx;
    > SCSI PORT: 3; BUS Number: 0.
    >
    > After clicking OK to get back to the Device Configuration window, I then
    > click the Controllers tab. No controllers appear in the window and all of
    > the options are grayed out except OK and Cancel.
    >
    > How can I get Backup Exec to recognize my SCSI controller?

+ Reply to Thread