Backingup to CDR - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backingup to CDR - Veritas ; I have tried to backup to CDR media instead of CDR/W. It worked fine except it did not compress the data. Does anyone know if you should be able to compress data using CDR media. I am using Backup Exec ...

  1. Backingup to CDR

    I have tried to backup to CDR media instead of CDR/W. It worked fine
    except it did not compress the data. Does anyone know if you should be
    able to compress data using CDR media. I am using Backup Exec 4.2.1
    with a Philips CD3610 drive.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Backingup to CDR

  3. Re: Backingup to CDR

    "Steve
    > except it did not compress the data. Does anyone know if you should be
    > able to compress data using CDR media. I am using Backup Exec 4.2.1

    Guess all system ressurces are used for the CD-R, so there is no space to
    additionally compress (in this case it has to be done by the CPU - a
    CD-burner has no built-in hardware-compression).
    It's about the same thing on burning a music CD: You should absolutely
    nothing do then on your computer. Even a running anti-virus-watcher can
    corrupt your burning procedure then....
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread