how to use backup tapes - Veritas

This is a discussion on how to use backup tapes - Veritas ; I'm a newbie. How do you folks use backup tapes? Do you put a new tape in every nite? 6 nites do incremental, then 1 nite do a full backup? Then start over again? Thanks....

  1. how to use backup tapes

    I'm a newbie.

    How do you folks use backup tapes?

    Do you put a new tape in every nite?

    6 nites do incremental, then 1 nite do a full backup? Then start over again?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: how to use backup tapes

    Hi Mike

    > How do you folks use backup tapes?
    > Do you put a new tape in every nite?
    > 6 nites do incremental, then 1 nite do a full backup? Then start over again?

    I use a mixed scheme:
    - once a month use new tape(s) with full backup
    - every weekday use a separate CDRW with differential backup. These 5
    disks are reused every week.

    Bernhard Sander

+ Reply to Thread