replacing files on tape - Veritas

This is a discussion on replacing files on tape - Veritas ; hello, I am running backup exec that came with my Seagate tape drive, version 4.4 i believe. What I want to do is backup my database on tape, but instead of making multiple copies of the database on the tape ...

  1. replacing files on tape

    hello,

    I am running backup exec that came with my Seagate tape drive, version 4.4
    i believe. What I want to do is backup my database on tape, but instead
    of making multiple copies of the database on the tape i just want to replace
    the current file on tape with the new one I am backing up. Is this possible?
    or do i have to initialize the tape everytime before i backup? If someone
    could point out where i would do this it would be great!

    thank you for your assistance.

    Matt

  2. Re: replacing files on tape

    Use a Differential backup for only that file and use the overwrite method.

    "Matthew" wrote in message

    > hello,
    >
    > I am running backup exec that came with my Seagate tape drive, version 4.4
    > i believe. What I want to do is backup my database on tape, but instead
    > of making multiple copies of the database on the tape i just want to

    replace
    > the current file on tape with the new one I am backing up. Is this

    possible?
    > or do i have to initialize the tape everytime before i backup? If someone
    > could point out where i would do this it would be great!
    >
    > thank you for your assistance.
    >
    > Matt

+ Reply to Thread