I support 2 Dell computers, one with an HP CD-Writer 9100i, and another with
an older HP CD-Writer 8200i. I am running Veritas Backup Exec Desktop Version
4.2.1 on both machines.

I have been having so many rejects (bad media error messages)on both machines
when re-using (re-formatted) CDWR media, I have attempted to switch to cdr
media. I can write to cdr media on the machine with the 9100i drive, but
Veritas refuses to write to the cdr on the machine with the 8200i drive.

Any suggestions on why Backup Exec on the 9100i machine will write to cdr,
but Veritas on the 8200i machine refuses to use the cdr media?