Del;eted block error! - Veritas

This is a discussion on Del;eted block error! - Veritas ; I keep getting an error when trying to do a full system backup on Win98 The error is: "An error occurred while writing the backup data. A deleted block was detected on the media (07-05-07-02-6400)" It can't be the media, ...

  1. Del;eted block error!

    I keep getting an error when trying to do a full system backup on Win98
    The error is:

    "An error occurred while writing the backup data.
    A deleted block was detected on the media (07-05-07-02-6400)"

    It can't be the media, because I've tried several (new ones) and
    formatted them itself.

    The CD-RW Drive is a LG CED 8083B and it works fine with other
    programs.
    so it's a bit of a puzzle?!?
    Hope you can come up with a solution as I can't backup the
    disaster recover at the moment.
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Del;eted block error!

    This problem is what caused my previos post. The media I was using wouldn't
    burn at full speed, but with BackupExec I can't find out how to set the
    speed. I purchased some better media, and my problem went away.

    "Mario Medina" wrote in message

    > I keep getting an error when trying to do a full system backup on Win98
    > The error is:
    >
    > "An error occurred while writing the backup data.
    > A deleted block was detected on the media (07-05-07-02-6400)"
    >
    > It can't be the media, because I've tried several (new ones) and
    > formatted them itself.
    >
    > The CD-RW Drive is a LG CED 8083B and it works fine with other
    > programs.
    > so it's a bit of a puzzle?!?
    > Hope you can come up with a solution as I can't backup the
    > disaster recover at the moment.
    > Any ideas?

  3. Re: Del;eted block error!

    Matthew,

    I'm getting the same "deleted block error" and that's why I
    came to this NG.

    With me, it happens at the end of a back-up set, always on
    the last disk when it goes to close the session.

    -Richard

  4. Re: Del;eted block error!

    I had this problem too, and the solution had nothing to do with the media -
    or the drive. It's to do with any vxd's or tsr's that are running in the
    background when BED is trying to format the media (which cause glitches in
    the process). What then happens is that it produces a write error during
    the backup (this can be seen by the error occuring at exactly the same point
    each time you re-try the process.

    The solution is to ctl-alt-del and shut down everything except explorer
    before commencing the backup.

    > I keep getting an error when trying to do a full system backup on Win98
    > The error is:
    >
    > "An error occurred while writing the backup data.
    > A deleted block was detected on the media (07-05-07-02-6400)"
    >
    > It can't be the media, because I've tried several (new ones) and
    > formatted them itself.
    >
    > The CD-RW Drive is a LG CED 8083B and it works fine with other
    > programs.
    > so it's a bit of a puzzle?!?
    > Hope you can come up with a solution as I can't backup the
    > disaster recover at the moment.
    > Any ideas?

  5. Re: Del;eted block error!

    -
    >or the drive. It's to do with any vxd's or tsr's that are running in the
    >background when BED is trying to format the media (which cause glitches

    in
    >the process). What then happens is that it produces a write error during
    >the backup (this can be seen by the error occuring at exactly the same point
    >each time you re-try the process.
    >
    >The solution is to ctl-alt-del and shut down everything except explorer
    >before commencing the backup.
    >

    >"Mario Medina" wrote in message
    >>

    >> I keep getting an error when trying to do a full system backup on Win98
    >> The error is:
    >>
    >> "An error occurred while writing the backup data.
    >> A deleted block was detected on the media (07-05-07-02-6400)"
    >>
    >> It can't be the media, because I've tried several (new ones) and
    >> formatted them itself.
    >>
    >> The CD-RW Drive is a LG CED 8083B and it works fine with other
    >> programs.
    >> so it's a bit of a puzzle?!?
    >> Hope you can come up with a solution as I can't backup the
    >> disaster recover at the moment.
    >> Any ideas?

    Thanks steve that work!!

+ Reply to Thread