Speed of CD writing - Veritas

This is a discussion on Speed of CD writing - Veritas ; How can I controll with Backup Exec? I have an HP 9200i. When I go to configure device Speed is set to automatic, and I don't have the option to change it....

  1. Speed of CD writing

    How can I controll with Backup Exec?

    I have an HP 9200i.

    When I go to configure device Speed is set to automatic, and I don't have
    the option to change it.

  2. Re: Speed of CD writing

    Hi,

    My understanding is that the device speed is controlled automatically by the
    device's own device driver (unless over-ridden manually in software that
    allows you to manually adjust the speed - such as Nero etc.). It does this
    by detecting the maximum write/re-write speed off the media.

    "Matthew Andersen" wrote in message
    > How can I controll with Backup Exec?
    >
    > I have an HP 9200i.
    >
    > When I go to configure device Speed is set to automatic, and I don't have
    > the option to change it.

  3. Re: Speed of CD writing - ADDENDUM

    I forgot to add:

    on burn-proof drives this is taken a step further in that the speed will
    automatically be adjusted (up or down) on the fly - as the system supplies
    the data at the required speed - or not as the case may be.

    "Steve Renouf" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My understanding is that the device speed is controlled automatically by

    the
    > device's own device driver (unless over-ridden manually in software that
    > allows you to manually adjust the speed - such as Nero etc.). It does this
    > by detecting the maximum write/re-write speed off the media.
    >

    > "Matthew Andersen" wrote in message
    > > How can I controll with Backup Exec?
    > >
    > > I have an HP 9200i.
    > >
    > > When I go to configure device Speed is set to automatic, and I don't

    have
    > > the option to change it.

+ Reply to Thread