Backup Exec Desktop 4.5/Win 98 (original)/Illegal operation involving BEWIN 32 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Desktop 4.5/Win 98 (original)/Illegal operation involving BEWIN 32 - Veritas ; Hi! After using the Wizard to do a non-scheduled complete backup, and just when the tape header was being written to, (i.e. prior to compare) I received an "illegal operation" message resulting in the program being closed down. At the ...

  1. Backup Exec Desktop 4.5/Win 98 (original)/Illegal operation involving BEWIN 32

    Hi! After using the Wizard to do a non-scheduled complete backup, and just
    when the tape header was being written to, (i.e. prior to compare) I
    received an "illegal operation" message resulting in the program being
    closed down. At the time of the backup the only program being run was
    Backup Exec Desktop 4.5. As might be expected, several errors were
    reported during a manual coma. Any ideas? Please email to
    krisbert@ozemail.com.au as well as post. Many thanks. Bert Smith

  2. Re: Backup Exec Desktop 4.5/Win 98 (original)/Illegal operation involving BEWIN 32

    "Bert Smith" wrote:
    >Hi! After using the Wizard to do a non-scheduled complete backup, and just
    >when the tape header was being written to, (i.e. prior to compare) I
    >received an "illegal operation" message resulting in the program being
    >closed down. At the time of the backup the only program being run was
    >Backup Exec Desktop 4.5. As might be expected, several errors were
    >reported during a manual compare. Any ideas? Please email to
    >krisbert@ozemail.com.au as well as post. Many thanks. Bert Smith

    Any ideas, anyone? I think that the problem is related to the use of the
    backup Wizard. Would appreciate a reply! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread