I would like to know if there is a way to put a parameter in the
media name area so that each media name is unique depending on
the day that is was created. For example, if I backup our entire
network tonight it would call it: Weekday 00/12/01 so that when
I go to view the media name, it will tell me the date that the
tape was written to. So in the area that you would enter the
name of the media you could put a parameter that would tell the
program when it writes the name of the media to pick up the
current date that is on the system and put that in the media name
automatically.

Is this availalble currently? If so, what versions does it work
with? I currently have version 2.0 for Windows 95. Does the
current version of 4.5 have this feature? If not, can I recommend
that it be added? Or is there an easier way to do this that
other people have come up with?

The reason being is that we have 14 tapes, one for each night.
There might be a day or two that we might forget to change the
tape and by putting the tape in the drive and telling Backup Exec
to tell us the Media Tape Name we can tell when that tape was
used to backup info.

Please forward a copy of your response to the following email
address:

gary.belanger@dsb1.edu.on.ca

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gary Belanger