I have an Exabyte 8205XL tape drive. I just purchased Backup Exec Desktop
ver. 4.5 for use under Windows 95a. I keep getting an error indicating that
the media is not supported in the device and it ejects the tape when I
attempt any tape functions.

However, I also have an old copy of BackupExec ver. 2.0 (originally from
Seagate) but it looks basically the same. It seems to work fine. Anyone
have any idea why? I know all about what is on the hardware list, but if it
worked under 2.0, why wouldn't it still work under 4.5? This seems goofy to
me.

-J. Bryan Wehrenberg, HCSS PSM
bryan@hcss.com