Re: BE hangs at 534meg - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re: BE hangs at 534meg - Veritas ; as a followup to my original msg - Things worked fine to the 8GB tape prior to the CDrom vs CD-R install/swap. Primary IDE config: 0 = Hard drive Secondary IDE config: 0 = HP-8200 CD writer 1 = Conner ...

  1. Re: BE hangs at 534meg

    as a followup to my original msg -
    Things worked fine to the 8GB tape
    prior to the CDrom vs CD-R install/swap.
    Primary IDE config:
    0 = Hard drive
    Secondary IDE config:
    0 = HP-8200 CD writer
    1 = Conner 8000 8GB TR4 tape drive

    Now - I've tried using BE to perform a backup.
    backup to CDR - hangs at 534meg
    backup to 8GB tape - hangs at 534meg

    to test the CDR - I copied several sub-dirs to it totalling about 650meg -

    So - it seems that BE somehow is being told that the max it can write
    to these devices is 534meg ???
    which is a magic number - size of a CD/RW, also the old DOS 16bit
    limit -

    the info must be coming from :
    BIOS query to the CDR drive for R/W capacity
    some file installed with CDR
    some file installed with DirectCD

    Phil -

  2. Re: BE hangs at 534meg

    Un-install Direct CD. Then try it.

    "Phil Schuman" wrote in message
    > as a followup to my original msg -
    > Things worked fine to the 8GB tape
    > prior to the CDrom vs CD-R install/swap.
    > Primary IDE config:
    > 0 = Hard drive
    > Secondary IDE config:
    > 0 = HP-8200 CD writer
    > 1 = Conner 8000 8GB TR4 tape drive
    >
    > Now - I've tried using BE to perform a backup.
    > backup to CDR - hangs at 534meg
    > backup to 8GB tape - hangs at 534meg
    >
    > to test the CDR - I copied several sub-dirs to it totalling about 650meg -
    >
    > So - it seems that BE somehow is being told that the max it can write
    > to these devices is 534meg ???
    > which is a magic number - size of a CD/RW, also the old DOS 16bit
    > limit -
    >
    > the info must be coming from :
    > BIOS query to the CDR drive for R/W capacity
    > some file installed with CDR
    > some file installed with DirectCD
    >
    > Phil -

+ Reply to Thread