adaptec directcd - Veritas

This is a discussion on adaptec directcd - Veritas ; When I try to backup to my HP 7500 external CD-Writer I get the message: "Device is already in use by Adaptec DirectCD" The only way to 'disable' DirectCD is to uninstall it, which I don't want to do. Any ...

  1. adaptec directcd

    When I try to backup to my HP 7500 external CD-Writer I get the message: "Device
    is already in use by Adaptec DirectCD" The only way to 'disable' DirectCD
    is to uninstall it, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions?

    Running Backup Exec 4.2 under Windows 98.

  2. Re: adaptec directcd

  3. Re: adaptec directcd

    To use Adaptec DirectCD with Backup Exec:

    After you have installed DirectCD you will have an icon in the system tray,
    down by the clock. Right click on that icon and select "Properties." When
    DirectCD's properties window appears select the third tab. On that page
    there is an option, "Display disc creation options upon insertion of blank
    media," with a box checkmarked. Remove that checkmark, save the settings and
    reboot.

    When you are ready to use Backup Exec, DO NOT insert the cd's until you are
    prompted to do so by Backup Exec.

    If you follow this procedure you will still be able to use DirectCD and
    Backup Exec as both were intended.

    "John" wrote in message news:3a183d01$1@hronntp01....

    > When I try to backup to my HP 7500 external CD-Writer I get the message:

    "Device
    > is already in use by Adaptec DirectCD" The only way to 'disable' DirectCD
    > is to uninstall it, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Running Backup Exec 4.2 under Windows 98.

+ Reply to Thread