BE hangs at writing 534meg - Veritas

This is a discussion on BE hangs at writing 534meg - Veritas ; well - now I've tried all the various media - I even downloaded the BE 4.2.1 upgrade - (BTW - I'm confused on which newsgroup for BE98/BE 4.2.1) So - it still stops at about 534meg - using IDE 8GB ...

  1. BE hangs at writing 534meg

    well - now I've tried all the various media -
    I even downloaded the BE 4.2.1 upgrade -
    (BTW - I'm confused on which newsgroup for BE98/BE 4.2.1)

    So - it still stops at about 534meg -
    using IDE 8GB Tape drive as output
    using IDE CDR with 650meg CDR

    the hard drive is on the Primary IDE interface

    the Secondary IDE has this config :
    the HP-8200 CDR as 1st
    the Conner 8000 tape drive as 2nd

    Phil -

  2. Re: BE hangs at writing 534meg

    Have you tried switching the tape and CDR around as secondary master to
    slave?

    "Phil Schuman" wrote in message
    > well - now I've tried all the various media -
    > I even downloaded the BE 4.2.1 upgrade -
    > (BTW - I'm confused on which newsgroup for BE98/BE 4.2.1)
    >
    > So - it still stops at about 534meg -
    > using IDE 8GB Tape drive as output
    > using IDE CDR with 650meg CDR
    >
    > the hard drive is on the Primary IDE interface
    >
    > the Secondary IDE has this config :
    > the HP-8200 CDR as 1st
    > the Conner 8000 tape drive as 2nd
    >
    > Phil -

  3. Re: BE hangs at writing 534meg

    I was thinking of that -
    but they currently use "cable select" position vs "master/slave"
    and I'm not sure I can flip the connectors due to length -
    Also - the PC box is wedged under a rack with cables going to a KVM
    switchbox
    and it's a pain to drag it out
    Phil -

    "Dave" wrote in message news:3a174b43$1@hronntp01....
    > Have you tried switching the tape and CDR around as secondary master to
    > slave?

  4. Re: BE hangs at writing 534meg

    How badly do you want to fix the problem?
    Suggest you remove cable select and go to master (tape)/ slave (cdr).
    Don't forget the jumpers on the drives. I really hope this helps.

    > I was thinking of that -
    > but they currently use "cable select" position vs "master/slave"
    > and I'm not sure I can flip the connectors due to length -
    > Also - the PC box is wedged under a rack with cables going to a KVM
    > switchbox
    > and it's a pain to drag it out
    > Phil -
    >
    > "Dave" wrote in message news:3a174b43$1@hronntp01....
    > > Have you tried switching the tape and CDR around as secondary master to
    > > slave?

+ Reply to Thread