Lost Password - Veritas

This is a discussion on Lost Password - Veritas ; Admission: I have done the obvious, stupidist thing! I have a very old set of backup tapes which I password protected, but have forgotten the password. Is there any way to work around or retrieve the password. There are a ...

  1. Lost Password

    Admission: I have done the obvious, stupidist thing!

    I have a very old set of backup tapes which I password protected, but have
    forgotten the password. Is there any way to work around or retrieve the
    password. There are a couple of very important files on the tapes that do
    not appear on any later backup.

  2. Re: Lost Password

    The following is from a message posted by:

    "Siouxie"

    "Btw, there is NO encryption involved when using BE Pro 4.5 with
    password option. The password is simply in the volume table stored in
    cleartext (Plaintext). I wrote a util that extracts this password for
    you (and anyone else who has your tape) to show the danger of trusting
    in an insecure password."

    Stu

    "Jim Youngman" wrote:

    >Admission: I have done the obvious, stupidist thing!
    >
    >I have a very old set of backup tapes which I password protected, but have
    >forgotten the password. Is there any way to work around or retrieve the
    >password. There are a couple of very important files on the tapes that do
    >not appear on any later backup.

+ Reply to Thread