Backup Exec 4.2 problems - any help? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.2 problems - any help? - Veritas ; I am running BE 4.2 on a win 95 machine and am using it to back up database files stored on another computer onto this machine's hard drive overnight. However every night an automatic data protection error comes up and ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.2 problems - any help?

    I am running BE 4.2 on a win 95 machine and am using it to back up database
    files stored on another computer onto this machine's hard drive overnight.
    However every night an automatic data protection error comes up and halts
    the backup. When discovered the next morning the database is being used and
    can't be realistically shut down for a couple of hours.

    Does anybody know how I can shut this automatic data protection off or
    change something so that the back up will run?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.2 problems - any help?

    what is the exact error you are getting? is it:
    "this job was created using Automatic Data Protection..." ?
    if so, follow the below link and download version 4.2.1 which will correct
    the issue.

    "Robert Macleod" wrote:
    >I am running BE 4.2 on a win 95 machine and am using it to back up database
    >files stored on another computer onto this machine's hard drive overnight.
    >However every night an automatic data protection error comes up and halts
    >the backup. When discovered the next morning the database is being used

    and
    >can't be realistically shut down for a couple of hours.
    >
    >Does anybody know how I can shut this automatic data protection off or
    >change something so that the back up will run?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread